Monday, February 7, 2011

Appointment #2

We had our 2nd doctors appointment 1/18 and I am happy to report that everything looked good.  I was also very proud that I did not gain any weight since our first appointment!  I know I shouldn't worry about these things, but I could have lost a few pounds BEFORE getting pregnant.  So to make it through my first trimester without gaining any weight is a good thing in my eyes.  I've been eating somewhat healthy, so that's the important part.  Don't worry, I have no illusions that I will make it to my next appointment without any weight gained.   


Anyways, at our appointment the doctor did what I am calling a "mini ultrasound." We wont receive another ultrasound until I reach week 20.  At that point we should have an easier time seeing our babe. 
She used some sort of portable contraption to sneak a peek at what is going on inside my belly.  She pointed out arms and legs to us on this little screen, but neither of us could really make out anything.  Maybe that's why she gets paid the big bucks?! Oh well, we were just happy to hear that our baby has arms and legs! 




So here I am at 13 weeks...



I decided to have Andy take my first baby bump picture, which is posted below.  I figure I will have him capture my bump before each of my appointments.  I'm calling this my "looking fatter" stage, because you can't really tell I'm pregnant. It just looks like I've been eating out too much!  I think I'll feel much better about my looks when everyone can tell there is a baby growing inside of me. 

3 comments:

  1. And you're smiling! How wonderful! :) Lookin good mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heehee! I see a tiny baby bump! You look great! And wow - no weight gain the first trimester? good for you!!!! (and extra good that baby looks great too) :)

    ReplyDelete