Tuesday, January 11, 2011

There's something growing inside me!

I figure I better post about our first doctors appointment, since our next one is coming up in a week!  I decided to go to the Fairview Lakes Clinic and selected a doctor I thought would be a good fit.  I was a little nervous after my last experience with a doctor and wanted to find one that I could really feel comfortable with since having a baby is kind of a big deal! 
 I was pleasantly surprised to find that Dr. Julie Becker is exactly what I hoped for and her staff was incredibly friendly too.  After getting to know her and answering some questions, we had our first ultrasound.  Even though I knew what was going to happen, I'm not sure anything can prepare you for the moment you get to SEE that there is a little being growing inside of you.  While I was tearing up, Andrew was paying attention to all of the things the doctor was looking at. We heard the heartbeat and then she took a few measurements.  Our little babe was only 1.5 cm long at that time.  It so amazing all of the things that are going on when it is so tiny. The doctor said that our official due date is now August 2nd. 

Here is a pic of our little baby blob - or should I say peanut! 


I'm guessing at our next appointment it will look closer to a gummybear.

1 comment:

  1. Blob, peanut, gummy bear...Baby Satnik is going to be so lucky to have you as parents!

    ReplyDelete