Wednesday, April 11, 2012

8.5 months

Hello... is anybody out there....

It's been way too long since my last post, so I'd understand if there isn't anyone out there following me.  A friend recently inspired me to start blogging again...so here I go!  

It's amazing what can happen in your life in just 8.5 months.  Our little Miss O is coming up on 9 months and I can barely remember how our life felt without her in it. I was pregnant for 8.5 months before that. I can tell you the last 8.5 months have went by way faster than the 8.5 months before that!  Does anyone know how to slow down time?!!  I feel like it is continually speeding up on me and that is exactly the reason why I haven't been blogging.  I've been really focused on spending time with my family.  However, I've realized that blogging helps me to live in the present and forces me to look at how amazing life is on a regular basis. It's like a journal for myself, that I share with my friends. Lucky you! ;)

So, this is what 8.5 months looks like on our darling little girl.  I know it's to be expected, but she really has become our everything.  I continually tell Andrew 'we are rich!'  By which I mean, we are 'rich' in love. And really what else do you need, right?!


Our little bundle of joy...


1 month - naps on mom & dad are the best!


2 months - Liv's 1st boat ride


3 months - she's starting to show her unique personality!


4 months - she has become the smiley girl we know & love.


5 months - hey, look at me! I'm pretty cool sitting up!


6 months - Jumperoo = constant entertainment


7 months - mommy & daddy's little valentine for life


8 months - this swing thing is pretty sweet!


8.5 months - Our little ham!

(By the way - I have decided the only way this blogging thing can work out is if I post a lot of my phone pics. Who has time to upload real photos?!)

It's been so fun to watch Olivia grow into her own little person.  She is such a good little girl - mostly happy as long as her general needs are met.  She is always smiling and so silly!  Her favorite things right now: singing in the car, playing with her friends at daycare, visiting all of her grandparents, hanging with her puppy, being somewhat mobile, eating sweet potatoes and applesauce.  Mommy's favorite things right now: singing with her in the car, nighttime snuggles, hearing 'mama' and 'dada', watching her interact with her grandparents, listening to her play, her big silly smile and crazy fly-away hair.

Everyone has been telling me to really cherish these moments and I must say, I feel like I am doing my best at that.  My life isn't perfect, but when I am snuggled up with my sweet little family - my life feels perfect.

So, let me know if you have found the trick to slow down the speed of life. Hopefully, I'll be back to post again soon!

1 comment:

  1. I'm following! So keep posting :) it is very hard to keep up blogging lately huh? It's crazy (or maybe silly) how accomplished I feel when I blog! I love Olivia's hair! It's the best! She should share how she gets that volume! Hehe!!!

    ReplyDelete