Sunday, April 10, 2011

We've been busy...

Well, at least Andy has been anyways. 
He must be nesting! ;) 

Before:


After:


Last weekend he painted the baby's room with his dad. (and our room too!)  I love the way it turned out. I had been going back and forth about colors and with some help from Johnny and Lynn we finally made a decision.  I had some dogsitting duties that would keep me out of the house most of the weekend, so it was the perfect time for them to get the room painted.  It was so cool to come home Sunday and see the finished projects. I am so grateful that they were able to tackle this project together. I felt exhausted just helping to put the rooms back together!  They were so efficient they were able to take care of all the painting in a day.  Guess it helps to have a dad that's a professional painter!  While I was away I started a baby quilt to match the new paint colors.  We are working on finding other decor for the room to make it special.  It feels nice to have the main things for baby's room figured out.  Special thanks to Dad and Grandpa for all your hard work!

We also started our baby registries!  First we stopped at Babies R Us and made the rounds. Then we headed over to Target.  I have to say it went a lot better than I expected.  I thought for sure we would become overwhelmed right away, but for some reason we were able to power through it and actually have a good time.  I'm guessing the trip to Babies R Us prior to registering helped to make it seem manageable.  Also, I'm going to credit Andy's super research skills, because we had an idea going in what we were looking for in the big items.  After registering we went out for dinner and discussed how much stuff this little baby is going to need!  Am I crazy to think that I might be able to contain most of it to the baby's room?  Where are we going to put all this stuff!?  So many things to think about...

4 comments:

  1. The room looks great! Love that color green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That room screams Crystal! Very cute. Much cherrier than the old color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as you consider your entire house the baby's room, you'll be just fine! lol! Sorry, but in my experience baby stuff just seems to spill out all over. You won't mind though...you'll be too busy to care! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. The room looks great crystal! and don't worry, you'll find a spot for everything - even if it means adding shelves and more shelves and more shelves. Oh, and getting rid of your own things to make room for baby's things. HA!

    ReplyDelete