Thursday, March 17, 2011

Look what we got...


The last couple of nights before bed we have been doing 'research' online for baby stuff.  Andrew is the type that likes to explore all of his options before buying something.  He always wants to make sure he is getting the best quality, value, etc.  I know this about him, so I've been prompting him to start his 'research' now.  There are so many things we need to get before Baby Satnik's arrival - it could take awhile for him to complete his 'research.'  Don't get me wrong, I love this about him. We rarely have buyer's remorse, because he has thuroughly evaluated all of our options!  Of course, I'm always happy to leave this process up to him. He usually reports his findings to me and then we make the decision together. 

 When we began looking at furniture
for the baby's room, we were surprised at how expensive everything can be.  Of course we want high quality products for our kiddo, but do we really need to spend a fortune on something they are only going to use for a short time and possibly wreck?  So over the last week or so we have been on the prowl...looking for nice, but affordable cribs.  We had almost settled on one to order before jumping on Craigslist.  I had looked there in the past, but never saw anything that interested me.  It's amazing the crap people try to sell on there.  To my surprise, a woman had just posted a brand new crib and changing table in the box that we actually liked and she was selling it for an amazing price!  We instantly emailed her and expressed our interest. Yesterday after work we made the trek to Eden Prairie and brought it home.  Andrew had them both put together in less than an hour.  Yay - our baby's room is started!  I know, such a long story about a silly crib and changing table, but hey I'm excited!  I thought for sure we wouldn't have that figured out for a couple more months. 

Now an even tougher task...  choosing a paint color

1 comment: